OrigiNations is a non-profit organization which accompanies indigenous peoples and local communities in their efforts in becoming effective protagonists in the protection and promotion of their natural and cultural heritage and in the defense of their rights.
The goals pursued by the communities we collaborate with are, among others:
- Protection and promotion of their cultures and traditional knowledge systems
- Implementation and furthering of indigenous rights
- Improvement of their livelihoods, health, and education, in accordance with traditional values
- Community-based nature conservation
- Strengthening of civil society structures and self-empowerment of local actors, especially the young.
You can find our German website here.