OrigiNations has been founded with the aim of supporting indigenous peoples and local communities to become active protagonists in the protection, promotion, governance and management of their natural and cultural heritage and in the defense of their rights. OrigiNations’ work approach is based on a decade-long experience with communities in the most varied environments in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Strengthening of civil society structures and empowerment of local actors
- Furthering of human and indigenous rights
- Protection and promotion of indigenous cultures and traditional knowledge systems
- Community-based conservation of nature; establishment of self-managed territories
- Improved livelihoods, health, and education, in accordance with indigenous values and beliefs
You can find our German website here.