OrigiNations is a non-profit organization which accompanies indigenous peoples and local communities in their efforts to become effective protagonists in the protection and promotion of their natural and cultural heritage and in the defense of their rights.
The communities we collaborate with aim for:
- Protection and promotion of their cultures and knowledge systems
- Implementation and furthering of indigenous rights
- Improvement of their livelihoods, health, and education, in accordance with their own values
- Community-based nature conservation
- Strengthening of civil society structures and self-empowerment of local actors, especially of the young.
You can find our German website here.